cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I.MX6UltraLite number of framebuffer

zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi all,

May i know how many framebuffer is supported in i.mx6UltraLite?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tee

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

zc_tee
Contributor III

Anybody can reply me on this? I am rather urgent on this matter now.

Or did anybody tried to have 2 display on the IMX6UL board before?

Regards,

Tee

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tee,

The i.MX6UL has two frame buffers on the LCD controller. However, they part of the Pixel Pipeline (PxP) module, which is intended to combine two frames (e.g. image frame and graphics surface frame).

The eLCDIF module included on the i.MX6UL (feed by the PxP module) just support one screen, so, although the i.MX6UL includes two frame buffers, just one screen could be connected.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zc_tee
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for replying. The information is indeed very useful.

In our application, we are connecting 2 same size LCD to the eLCDif interface, and we will use a GPIO to switch in between the LCDs so that fb0 goes to LCD1 and fb1 goes to LCD2.

Not sure if it's workable. But i will try it out.

Now i need to find out the source code for the PxP, and see if i can do some modification to it. Or do you have any example on the PxP application?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tee

0 Kudos