Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12ZVC not able to debug in CodeWarrior 10.6

jinjingyang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Sir,

If config S12ZVC for 24MHz or lower bus clock, we can download and debug the MCU correctly in CodeWarrior 10.6 with P&E UMultilink.

If config S12ZVC for 32MHz (higher than 24MHz) bus clock, we can download with P&E UMultilink after a power off and on cycle, but cannnot debug.

I changed the settings of debug:

Target Settings => Connection => Edit... => Connection => Addition Options => uncheck the item "Use Bus Clock as Debug Controller (SIBDC) Clock Source"

I still cannot debug the S12ZVC MCU.

Do you have any comments?

Regards,

Jason Yang

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Janson,

It works fine on my side with VLG-S12ZVC board and PEmicro USB Multilink Rev.C.

Could you please share here your code, your clock source, and PLL settings?

If you use internal 1MHz oscillator as source clock (PEI mode), the correct settings should be CPMUSYNR=0x5F, CPMUREFDV=0x00, CPMUPOSDIV=0x00.

If you use external 4MHz oscillator (like on VLG-S12ZVC board) as source clock (PEE mode), the correct settings should be for example CPMUSYNR=0x5F, CPMUREFDV=0x03, CPMUPOSDIV=0x00 or rather CPMUSYNR=0x47, CPMUREFDV=0x40, CPMUPOSDIV=0x00.

Please try to download and install latest PEmicro drivers:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jinjingyang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Radek,

I'm using Processor Expert to generate the code. It should be correct.

I tested this on my colleague's laptop, it's working fine with 32MHz bus clock.

But my laptop and the customer's laptop are with problem. We all are using CodeWarrior 10.6.4.

The cause might be the firmware. We will update to latest PE firmware and try.

Regards,

Jason Yang

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jason,

Note: We also know about some issues at higher bus clock frequencies at USB-Multilink universal (Rev.C) and USB-Multilink universal FX (Rev.B) with firmware 9.59.

It is already fixed in newer versions of PE firmware. The firmware in USB-Multilink universal (FX) may be updated via CW or by FirmwareUpdater from USB Multilink Universal (and FX) Resource CD:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=346

However, when the BDM debugger works correctly on different PC, it rather looks like some issue with drivers...

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos