cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use gst-fsl-plugin

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I have enabled the gst-fsl-plugin in gstreamer0.10 during kernel configuration( make menuconfig) in buildroot  . After successful build , when i do try to use the plugin for example i am trying to

record audio using this command ,

gst-launch-0.10 alsasrc num-buffers=240 blocksize=44100 ! mfw_mp3encoder ! filesink location=output.mp3

But i got this error

gst-launch-0.10 WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "mfw_mp3encoder"

When i checked this command   

gst-inspect-0.10 mfw_mp3encoder

I got this error       

No such element or plugin 'mfw_mp3encoder'

I checked  libmfw_gst_mp3enc.so which is supposed to be the library for the mp3 encoding , if it is build or not , and i found this library is successfully build and placed at the right place /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libmfw_gst_mp3enc.so

Now i don't have ant clue , why i am not able to use the gst-fsl-plugin. Kindly suggest the possible solutions and please don't ask to use Yocto based build system . Thanks!

Regards,

Aditya

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what yocto version do you use? and did youtry the gstreamer1.0?

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I think , you did not read my post  fully as it is pretty clear from my post , that i am not using Yocto  , i am using buildroot instead. My question is very simple , though i have made gst-fsl-plugin as part of my kernel build , still i m not able to use the gst-fsl-plugin elements. Please read my first post fully , I would be thankful to you if you can provide some genuine solutions to it .

Regards ,

Aditya

0 Kudos