How to enable DSPI0 (SPI1) on LS1021a-twr rev.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable DSPI0 (SPI1) on LS1021a-twr rev.1

dmitriyivanov
Contributor I

I have identical problem like in Unable to enable DSPI0 (SPI1) on LS1021a .

LS1021A-TWR board, rev.1 silicon, SDK 1.8. Use default rcw & u-boot.

DSPI driver don`t register as a master on spi bus.

Also I have checked dtb using u-boot's fdt parser and everything looks like it supposed to be -  "status" for "dspi0" is "okay". But after the system started i did "cat /proc/device-tree/soc/dspi@21000000/status" and got "disabled" as output.

If i use dspi1 all ok - i see that master registered and call my spi protocol driver  Probe() func.

I try u-boot from SDK2.0 and DSPI0 successfully register master on SPI bus. So, there is some problem in SDK1.8.

Any help?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LS1021a supports booting using QSPI.

1. 1. Test settings for SW2/3. Correct setting is the following:

SW2[1:8]=0010_0111

SW3[1:8]=0110_0001

1. 2. Test SPI on your board under u-boot:

U-Boot provides the SF command to program serial flash devices. On the ZC702 board you can use the SF command to program a QSPI device. Here is an example of loading an image file to QSPI device.

uboot> sf

Usage:

sf probe [[bus:]cs] [hz] [mode] - init flash device on given SPI bus and chip select

sf read addr offset len         - read 'len' bytes starting at 'offset' to memory at 'addr'

sf write addr offset len        - write 'len' bytes from memory at 'addr' to flash at 'offset'

sf erase offset [+]len          - erase 'len' bytes from 'offset'; '+len' round up 'len' to block size

sf update addr offset len       - erase and write 'len'bytes from memory at 'addr' to flash at 'offset

See the following page:

https://happilyembedded.wordpress.com/2014/12/05/uboot-sf-commands/

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dmitriyivanov
Contributor I

1. I don`t want to boot from QSPI. I want to connect external SPI device to SPI0(not QSPI) interface of ls1021a rev.1. On my LS1021A-TWR board(rev.1) SPI0 can be found on board connector (J7 primary).

2. I don`t have ZC702 and i don`t found sf command in u-boot from SDK 1.8.

0 Kudos