Question about CodeWarrior Devt Studio for HC(S)12(X) v5.1 and USB Multilink Universal FX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CodeWarrior Devt Studio for HC(S)12(X) v5.1 and USB Multilink Universal FX

michelriviere
Contributor I

Hi! For a need of Continuous Engineering on a Product with HC12 target (MC912DG128AMPVE), I have recently bought CODEWARRIOR Development Suite "STANDARD" Edition, with Permanent License , and I have  installed the CodeWarrior Development Studio for the S12(X) V5.1 (that is the last version integrating the ServicePack for HC12), on a PC / Windows7.

I have also bought an "USB Multilink Universal FX" interface (Part # USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX Rev B), in order to debug and flash program on our HC12 target.

Please :

.Is the "USB Multilink Universal FX" compatible with CodeWarrior Devt Studio for the HC(S)12(X) V5.1 ? (No Patch need ?)

.Which Version of (PEMICRO) PROG12Z Software must be used (*) , with our environment ? (Windows7, CodeWarrior Devt Studio HC(S)12(X) V5.1, USB Multilink Universal FX Rev-B) ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Michel,

For the classic CW, if the P&E hardware is not detected by  the operating system within device manager,

please use the attached P&E Hardware Interface Drivers  .

For HC12 chips , please download Patch for (S)12(X) 3rd Party Software .

About the detail information please refer to here :

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

Especialy  this part :

"    Patch for CFV1/S08/RS08/MON08 3rd Party Software - 28 June 2016 This archive contains the latest P&E CFV1/HCS08/RS08/MON08 interface DLL and firmware for all compatible P&E interfaces. If you are unable to utilize your P&E interface with your software (such as classic Codewarrior, IAR, Greenhills, etc.), then you may need to apply this update. This patch does not guarantee its success in resolving all hardware or firmware issues customers may be facing. This patch was tested on NXP's Codewarrior classic v6.3 for CFV1/HCS08/RS08/MON08 chip architecture. Please read the README.txt file for instructions on how to backup previous files and how to patch up the Codewarrior properly.  "

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

michelriviere
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards,

Michel

0 Kudos