JN 5168 Not rejoining network

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN 5168 Not rejoining network

henrylavin
Contributor I

I have a jn5168 here.  If I provision it to a meter and then turn it on, the device works fine, usually.

However, if I turn the device off (unplug the device) it does not reconnect to the network upon reconnecting the power.

Also if I drop the device from the network, it does not re-scan for channels.

I think this is a problem with key establishment between the meter and the device, however I am not sure, does anyone know what is going on here.  Any help is welcome.

Thank you

3 Replies

janibal
Contributor II

Hi, if the network is setup with security and you delete the network context when you start the device, this one won't rejoin. Check the "PDM_vDeleteAllDataRecords()" that delete the context, but you should be keep it.

0 Kudos

ygensas
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm new also on JN5168 ZigBee module.

So I start with the SDK guide (ref. JN-UG-3064), and they talk about an template but impossible to download it (JN-AN-1158) => dead link.

Does someone know how to download it ?

Henry Lavin, you are try to connect your module, you should have the response ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos

anikethesamudra
Contributor II

Hello Henry,

I am sorry that I am unable to answer your question. I am commenting here so that I could get some sort of help!

I am currently working on JN5168 ZigBee Module. I am new to the ZigBee Application Development. I am currently working on the Smart Energy SDK. (IPD Node and Energy Smart Meter) The contents are so much to go through. I want to learn based on some tutorials (step by step) to get better understanding. Could you please suggest me any tutorials or guides? I downloaded the application notes but I am getting lost because of huge content! I downloaded the application note IPD (In Premise Display - End Device) and ESP-EM (Energy Monitor - Master Device) onto the JN5168 module. But when I turn on, they are not getting connected. Could you please help me? I do not know where I am getting lost. It has lot of content that I do not know the starting point to work on.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Aniketh

0 Kudos