cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 6.2 Hanging during compile/link

fabio
Contributor IV
Hello everybody,

I am having a strange problem with CW 6.2: sometimes, when I click on MAKE or DEBUG button, the IDE hangs and stops responding. Sometimes this happens during compile, sometimes during link (as shown by the small window that opens to show the build process). I also had a situation where the IDE hanged before compiling (the editor files were not saved by the IDE).

This is hapening about once a day and it is very annoying.

I already opened an SR but I would like to know if anyone (other than me) is having the same problem.

Best regards,
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

UK_CF_FAE
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi Fabio,

I have seen something similar. I traced it to using FlexLM environment variables to manage the licence of a PCB application. Instead of using the license.dat in the install path of CodeWarrior, it seemed that CW was going off to check some network drives as it worked through LM_LICENSE_FILE.

Mark
0 Kudos

fabio
Contributor IV
Hi Mark,

In my case, the whole project is located in a network drive ...

I am using the IDE in "Special Edition" mode (the license time did not expired yet, but will do in a couple days). I did not installed any other license files.

Best regards,
0 Kudos

fabio
Contributor IV
It seems it is related to the number of files simultaneously open in the IDE. In my project I have 12 source files.

If I open all of them, the problem is more likely to happen. Working with only 3 or 4 files seems to not trigger the problem.

Best regards,
0 Kudos

AndersJ
Contributor IV

I have the same problem.

My project is on a networked drive.

If I save all before compiling it has so far never happened.

If I edit a few files and do not save before compile|make then  it happens now and then.

In a previous post, a CAD system licensing issue was mentioned.

I have the same dongle/licensing system. Maybe there is a connection?

Has anyone figured out what causes this?

Anders J

0 Kudos