cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KV58F

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using KV58F series(MKV58F1M0CLQ22 used on twr-Kv58F) for our new controller design. I checked your website, looks like this MCU is changed to the different part number and has faster speed.

1) Could you tell me which part number I should use?

2) The original design should be OK?

3) What is the major difference on this new part compare to the original one?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Chris,

I installed the latest KDS 3.2.0 and generate KSDK for KV58F by using KSDK on-line tool.

In order to do BLDC motor control, do I need to download any motor control library, and install it? I am using PE with Codewarrier to develop motor control on MC56F8367. But now, there is no PE, could you let me know how to generate the dedicated BLDC motor control function? Do I have to buy the motor control design set?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

If you have the latest downloads you should have motor control support in the SDK. If you look under <SDK root>\boards\twrkv58f220m\demo_apps\ there should be some projects titled mc_bldc and mc_pmsm. So you should have the support you need.

As for the motor control design set, whether or not you need this is up to you.  The demo projects do target our standard customer evaluation hardware (TWR-MC-LV3PH + Linix motor).  But if you have a motor, FreeMASTER and knowledge of how to use FreeMASTER you could alter the example to use your motor. 

There is more information at www.nxp.com/motorcontrol_bldc, which would have more reference applications and information. 

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your information. That should be enough for me.

One more question: When I generate KSDK for KV58F, I use MCU part number. Do you think I should use TWR-KV58F220M option?

If I use the on-line tool now to generate SDK, the motor control project should be included?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

I would probably use the tower part number, TWR-KV58F220M. I think this will enable the demos for that board and give you a better startup path for your development. 

If you  use the on-line tool now, the motor control project will be included. 

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Chris,

I want to confirm the following things:

1) KV58F1M0VLQ24 should be the right part number?

2) This part number is supported by latest tool, KDS 3.2.0 and KSDK 2.0? If not, what is the latest tool I should use? And what is the schedule that KDS 3.2.0 and KSDK2.0 will support this part number?

3) All these tools will support the BLDC motor control development?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

The answers to your questions are

1. Yes.
  2. Yes.  KDS 3.2.0 and KSDK 2.0.
  3. And Yes. 

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Chris,

The existing tool supports KV58F new part number? Or you just use the old part number? If so, when you have the new tool to support the new part number?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

Existing tools should support the new part number (KV5xFxxxVyy24)

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

You should definitely use the new part number.  All of the production KV5x devices will be rated for 240 MHz at 105 C.

The original design should be OK except you will want to change the part number. 

Functionally though, there will be no programming differences.  The memory map has not changed nor have the features.  The only exception I have seen so far is that the Flash divider is now allowed up to a divide 10 (instead of divide by 8 as originally expected) to allow for flash operation at the higher speeds. 

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Chris,

Thank you. I am going to use the new part number.

The new part number should be MKV58F1M0VLQ24 instead of MKV58F1M0CLQ22?

What I developed on TWR-KV58F220 is still workable on new part number or I have to change something?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

Great!  Yes, the new part number should be MKV58F1M0VLQ24. 

You will not need to change anything unless you want to use the device at the maximum speed of 240 MHz. 

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Chris,

Thanks.

Another question: Is NXP going to release any new tool(KDS, KSDK, motor control) for the development of KV58F? What kind of tool are you using to develop the motor control application now?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

So currently we have SDK 1.3 and SDK 2.0 support for KV5x, which covers general software needs and has support for IAR, KDS, GCC, KEIL, and TrueStudio.  We have support in the motor control libraries. There are examples in the software packages for PMSM motors, BLDC motors, and ACIM motors.  There are no current plans for Kinetis motor suite enablement but the current software packages should at least be adequate for you to start your design.  So are there tools or example software that you are currently missing?

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos