K64 Sub-Family Ref Manual -- type-O or EMAC Enhanaced Buff really change

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64 Sub-Family Ref Manual -- type-O or EMAC Enhanaced Buff really change

JHinkle
Senior Contributor I

I'm working on a K64 EMET driver and compared the Enhanced Buffers between the K64 and the K60.

Did the locations for the "Data Length" and the first set of status registers flip-flop, or is just a publication error?

K60 ................................................ Notice Offset 0 is Status flags

K60_EB.png

K64 ..........................................................  Notice Offset 0 is Data Length

K64_EB.png

I've been running the K64 with the K60 layout and it seems to work but in tracking down an issue ... I noticed the flip-flop --- Which might be my issue if the actually did flip.

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies

JHinkle
Senior Contributor I

Looking closer -- looks like Offsets 8 and A also changed!

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi joe,

There is a comment in K60 RM as follows just above the buffer descriptor description.

NOTE

The following addresses are shown for a big endian implementation.

TxBD NOTE.png

Actually the module chapter is borrowed from original Coldfire device which is big endian architecture. When Kinetis (little endian) first introduce, the module chapter is not changed directly, just added a comment there. With later Kinetis device like K64/K65, associated information is updated and the comment removed.

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

JHinkle
Senior Contributor I

Robin:

Kinetis is a little endian device so why have documentation published that related to big endian.

I guess that means Kinetis users will have to be very careful when looking at published register assignments to verify if they are based on big/little endian configuration.

Thanks for clarifying.

Joe

0 Kudos