TPMS sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPMS sensor

balajykumar
Contributor II

I am in a design phase of TPMS Board. I have chosen this part FXTH8715116T1 but it can support only minimum pressure sensing range of 100kpa ( ie 14.5 psi). I need min 4 psi ( ie.27.5 kpa) for my application . kindly suggest any external sensor which can support that range and also integrate with that part.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Balajy,

I would recommend the MP3H6115A which is an integrated 3V analog absolute pressure sensor operating in the range of 15kPa to 115kPa. It has temperature compensation, calibration and amplifier circuitry on–chip and its output voltage for full rated pressure is typically 2.82V. You can connect its output (pin #4) to either PTA0 (AD3) or PTA1 (AD4) pins of the FXTH8715116T1 and use the corresponding routines (TPMS_READ_V0 or TPMS_READ_V1) to read the output voltage of the MP3H6115A.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Tomas

PS: If my answer helps to solve your question, please mark it as "Correct". Thank you.

balajykumar
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply Tomas,

I forgot to add my maximum requirement in the previous conversation. My input requirement range is 4 to 45 psi.But the above part can support  max 16.5psi only. can you please suggest any other part which can support the above requirement?

whether this sensor can meet the software compatibility with FXTH8715116T1? kindly provide your suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Balajy,

The only absolute pressure sensor supporting 45psi is the MPXH6400A. It is trimmed at 5V, but works well at 3V. You can order free samples from this website and test it in your application whether it meets your requirements.

Best regards,

Tomas

balajykumar
Contributor II

Thanks Tomas, I will look into it.

0 Kudos