Conflict between io.h and stdint.h

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict between io.h and stdint.h

panamalaigurura
Contributor I

I seem to have a problem with using bare metal for solox. I am using Sourcery Codebench lite as a tool chain and installed the processor expert for eclipse. when I compile the code, the builder complains that there is a conflict between the stdint.h file from Sourcery and io.h file from the imxsolox a9 code. It says that uint64_t and uint32_t are defined in both files and the definitions are different. How do I make the compiler select only one definition. If I am not mistaken ideally solox is a 32bit processor so it should follow unsigned long long for uint64_t as per io.h

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Usually I apply the following approach  : all headers , including system ones, are located

in local project directory. If the same definitions are found in different files - one of them should be

just commented. In Your case -  locate both io.h and stdint.h in project directory and comment

conflicting definitions in stdint.h.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos