cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC32x0 Reed Solomon

philipps
Contributor I

Dear NXP support team,

do you have some deeper technical information on the Reed-Solomon-Codec which is built into the LPC32x0 series for error correction within the NAND flash controllers?

Thanks,

Philipp

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

philipps
Contributor I

Thanks Victor, we actually had a look in this very User Manual chapter before our posting here. What's missing there for our use case is a description of some deeper details, e.g. a description of the gen polynomial and how the 518 flash user bytes are actually mapped to the 10 bit RS symbols. Again, for our use case a possibility for external RS decoding (without LPC intervention) of the raw (but RS encoded) flash contents would be helpful.

Any additional information (pseudocode, some explaining diagrams) may help us here.

Thanks,

Philipp

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

LPC32x0 controller supports Reed-Solomon (R/S) encoder/decoder (10 bit symbols).

You can refer chapter 8.4.1 "Reed-Solomon encoder/decoder" of LPC32x0 User Manual.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

philipps
Contributor I

To be more specific: We have a use case where a direct readout of the NAND flash chips (without LPC32x0 intervention) and verification of their content (i.e. doing the Reed-Solomon decoding externally) would be convenient and really helpful for us.

0 Kudos