i.MX6ul hangs on POR(reset) with Murata 1DX module on uSDHC2 (LCD pin mux)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6ul hangs on POR(reset) with Murata 1DX module on uSDHC2 (LCD pin mux)

dhvanil_patel1
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I am  facing an issue, while resetting i.MX6ul via POR button. This issue is occurs when LCD_RESET pin (MX6UL_PAD_LCD_RESET__GPIO3_IO04   )  is connected to  WL_REG_ON pin of Murata 1DX module (BCM4343w).

When I reset i.mx6ul via POR, the LCD_RESET goes to low 1.9V from 2.78V ( 2.78V due to LCD_RESET pin has been configured with 47K internal pull up and WL_REG_ON  pin has internal pull down of 200K)   and i.MX6ul stuck at there. Please find below waveform of  LCD_RESET.

158068_158068.pngtek00021.png

4343W WiFi firmware version info from bcmdhd modprobe log :

random: nonblocking pool is initialized

dhdsdio_write_vars: Download, Upload and compare of NVRAM succeeded.

dhd_bus_init: enable 0x06, ready 0x06 (waited 0us)

wifi_platform_get_mac_addr

Firmware up: op_mode=0x0005, MAC=60:f1:89:3a:ed:9d

Firmware version = wl0: Dec 29 2015 15:56:15 version 7.45.41.24 (r608913) FWID 01-4e412465

dhd_wlfc_init(): successfully enabled bdcv2 tlv signaling, 79

dhd_wlfc_init: query wlfc_mode succeed, fw_caps=0x1c

dhd_wlfc_init(): wlfc_mode=0x1c, ret=0

Please help us to resolve this issue as soon as possible

Is there any way to disable 200K pull down on WL_REG_ON  pin of Murata 1DX module ? (As per datasheet, mentioned that it can be disabled by programming)

Is there any new wifi firmware available for Murata 1DX module (4343w) ?

-

Thanks,

Dhvanil Patel

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhvanil

at reset LCD_RESET is set as input according to Table 95. 14x14 mm Functional Contact Assignments

i.MX6UL Datasheet. http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6ULCEC.pdf

One can reconfigure it as output in uboot.

For  reprogramming Murata module and new firmware one can apply to this module vendor support

http://wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-freescale-i-mx.html

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dhvanil_patel1
Senior Contributor I

HI igor,

Thanks for reply.

In our case the "LCD_RESET" pin is configured as "High" at kernel level. we are not using it in u-boot level.

When we send signal to POR pin of i.mx6ul, then we observed the above waveform and the i.MX6ul is hang in bootroam mode.It is not able to boot.

Please share the behaviour of the "LCD_RESET" pin during POR sequence

-

Dhvanil Patel

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dhvanil

behaviour of the "LCD_RESET" pin during POR sequence can

not be changed.

Best regards

igor