cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a GSM module to SABRE board?

Jump to solution
ratheeshambiler
Contributor I

I am using IMX6 quad sabre board with android marshmallow. The wired internet works fine on the board. Is there a way I can connect a sim card to the board?. I can see a slot on the board but seems like it is not directly connected to the board. The slot looks like it is designed for a specific GSM module to fit in. Is there any product like that?

-Ratheesh

marshmallow

0 Kudos
1 Solution
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ratheesh,

On SabreSDP board, there is a MiniPCIe connector(J1), which is used for connections of 3G/4G module, Slot(con1) is for SIM card, Because 3G/4G module needs the SIM card.

See page 16 of schematic:

sabreSDP-miniPCIe-for-3G-4G-module.png

The signal definitions on MiniPCIe is general, you can connect corresponding 3G/4G module with MiniPCIe interface, but you need to port it to android OS by yourself if it is not supported by android BSP we released, before you run SabreSDP board, read corresponding documents firstly, please! you will know what devices or function it supports.

Best Regards,

Weidong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ratheesh,

On SabreSDP board, there is a MiniPCIe connector(J1), which is used for connections of 3G/4G module, Slot(con1) is for SIM card, Because 3G/4G module needs the SIM card.

See page 16 of schematic:

sabreSDP-miniPCIe-for-3G-4G-module.png

The signal definitions on MiniPCIe is general, you can connect corresponding 3G/4G module with MiniPCIe interface, but you need to port it to android OS by yourself if it is not supported by android BSP we released, before you run SabreSDP board, read corresponding documents firstly, please! you will know what devices or function it supports.

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos
ratheeshambiler
Contributor I

Thanks. Can you recommend any such modules which I am likely get good outside support?.

0 Kudos