AnsweredAssumed Answered

SPIMaster_LDD with frdm KE06Z

Question asked by Abdelrahman Elmasri on Aug 7, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2016 by Alice_Yang

Hey guys, I'm having a little problem understanding how the SPIMaster_LDD works or if its will actually work for what I'm trying to do. to keep it as short as possible. I'm trying to communicate with an external ADC chip using SPI. The chip is a TI ads131e08 ADC. I set up the SPIMaster_LDD in accordance with the ADC datasheet. I'm using an external pin for the CS pin (basically i'm just grounding the pin, as i'm only prototyping, it is possible to just ground the CS as it say on the datasheet). the problem im having is when i'm receiving data. I can send out commands to the adc using send_block function. when i only just use the send_block function i do receive data from the  adc (I know this because i used scope for the  ADC MISO pin). but when I use send block inconjuction with receive block the communication seem to fail and nothing happens. I dont understand this part, I basically just want to send a command and receive data from the chip. for example to read specfication register value, read data from adc inputs. I've attached a picture of clocking required for reading register value as simple example and my adc setting.

Outcomes