cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K22F failed in Changeing OpenSAD firmware

jackxu2016
Contributor II

Hi there,

Today i received the FRDM-K22F, as it can not download the routine by J-link or OpenOCD or PEMicro. So i followed the "Quick Start Guide fro the Freescale Freedom Development Platform FRDM-K22F", when i follow the page 9 and try to enter bootload mode, but there is no drive shows, just as normal nothing happens.

158099_158099.png1.png

After finish this, nothing happens, and there is no removable driver, also the RGB light stops flickering. What can i do now? is there some problem with my hardware?

-Thanks in advance!

-Jack

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jackxu2016
Contributor II

Hi Jennie,

Read your paper, but after finished a, b, c, the driver do not shows in the windows explore

and downloaded the firmware from your paper, thanks!

222.png

Thanks in advance!

Jack

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

if your bootloader is not corrupt, your can change another usb port and usb cable or another computer to test step a,b,c, please make you you press RESET button during all the time when connect board.

if none of the usb port can recognize your bootloader, your bootloader could be corrupt, thus you please refer Erich's answer to recover OpenSDA bootloader.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jack,

in addition, I wrote article regarding to

Summary of FRDM-K22F debug interface

please check if this can help you.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jackxu2016
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your quick answer, it's windows 7, and my computer can change  FRDM-KL27Z's firmware. And i lack of seperate/external device to re-program the bootloader, like Segger J-Link or P&E Multilink.

Thanks in advance!

Jack

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jack,

are you using Windows 8 or Windows 10?

There is a known problem that expecially Windows 10 can erase the bootloader.

Have a look at https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/08/01/bricking_and_recovering_opensda_boards_in_windows_8_and_10/  to check if this matches your problem.

Unfortunately, the bootloader (OpenSDA V2.x) on the FRDM-K22F can be erased because of that (the OpenSDA v1 bootloader is still intact and can be recovered with the steps explained in https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/08/01/bricking_and_recovering_opensda_boards_in_windows_8_and_10/ .

But if the bootloader on your FRDM-K22F has been bricked, then you need to restore it with an external probe explained in https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/06/26/how-to-recover-the-opensda-v2-x-bootloader/ .

I hope this helps,

Erich