cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fail to use opencl on i.mx6Dual

Jump to solution
zhengfudi
Contributor I

Hi, i am trying to use opencl on i.mx6Dual with BSP_Linux_3.14.28, but it returned -1001 when invoke clGetPlatformIDs(1, &platform_id, &platforms). I have checked CONFIG_MXC_GPU_VIV in kernel config, and "/dev/galcore" is also exist after bootup.

Does BSP_Linux_3.14.28 or i.mx6Dual not support opencl EP ? How to get a BSP supporting opencl?

Thanks a lot.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zheng

bsp supports it, please refer to attached Linux Manual

Chapter 13 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU). For usage one can refer to

OpenCL Hello World

Where can we find the OpenCL BSP for i.MX6 Android?

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
zhengfudi
Contributor I

Hi igorpadykov

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I configured the kernel refer to "Chapter 13 in Linux Manual", and copied the application code from "OpenCL Hello world". The programs compiled, linked and run success, but application invokes clGetPlatformIDs interface fail, return value is -1001. What is the cause of the problem may be?

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos
zhengfudi
Contributor I

Thanks.I deleted the old codes, and retried with codes witch download from above link. It worked well.

0 Kudos