cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of SRC_GPR register by application software

jacconbastiaans
Contributor III

Hello all,

Our applicatoin, running on an i.MX6Quad, should 'remember' a few bits of application specific information between resets.

I want to save these bits in the SRC_GPR registers, since the SRC guarantees that the SRC_GPR register contents persist over resets.

When I look in the i.MX6 Quad reference manual, SRC_GPR1 .. SRC_GPR9 are already reserved so I cannot use these. My question now is: can I use SRC_GPR10? According to the SRC_GPR10 field descriptions table in section 60.7.16 of the i.MX6 Quad reference manual, only bit 25,26 and 27 are reserved for core error status flags and the other bits are for general purpose use. But the note in the same section states "This register is used by the ROM code and should not be used by application software". This note and the table contradict each other.

So can I use bit the non reserved bits in SRC_GPR10 (0..24 and 28..31) or not?

Regards,

Jaccon

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I am afraid this is not good idea to use the SRC_GPR registers,

at least in order to avoid issues with possible future boot ROM releases.

As for SRC_GPR10, for example, please look at the following thread regarding

its using by boot ROM:

iMX6DQ_SPI_to_uSDHC => working

Also, NXP BSPs can rely on SRC_GPR registers :
How to Support Recovery Mode for POR Reboot Based on i.MX6 Android R13.4.1

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos