K82 unintentionally secured by blhost, mass_erase does not work

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K82 unintentionally secured by blhost, mass_erase does not work

tomasvanek
Contributor III

I have a custom board with MK82FN256VLL15, QSPI flash Micron N25Q064A and USB interface.

In NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0 I modified qcb_S25FL129P.c to fit N25Q064A parameters, built qspi_config_block.bin and used linux/i386/elftosb to link QCB with KSDK_2.0/boards/twrk80f150m/demo_apps/hello_world_qspi_alias/ application. Then I used

blhost -u -- receive-sb-file hello_world_qspi_alias.sb

First trial to program QSPI flash failed due to wrong definition of programming command in QCB LUT. After first programing the MCU responded to blhost read-memory.

Then I retried with changed QCB. blhost programming failed and MCU got locked! blhost read-memory and other commands now reports:

$ blhost -u -- read-memory 0 32

Inject command 'read-memory'

Response status = 10001 (0x2711) Command disallowed when security is enabled.

Response word 1 = 0 (0x0)

Read 0 of 32 bytes.

I connected the board to a SWD adapter and used OpenOCD to mass erase MCU. Unfortunately mass erase does not work, MCU stays locked. MDM-AP status register reads 0x3e (or 0x3f after mass erase and 0x36 with reset asserted) - so Mass Erase Enable bit indicates that mass erase should be possible. Please help unlocking the MCU.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

tomasvanek
Contributor III

Solved myself: Adding a weak pull-up to PTA4 / NMI_b fixed the issue. Mass_erase works as expected and unlocks the MCU.

Don't know why blhost locked the MCU, maybe similar issue with missing NMI pull-up?

0 Kudos