JN5169 programming error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5169 programming error

rkoontz
Contributor II

I recently received my JN516x-EK004 eval kit.  I have installed the BeyondStudio environment and was able to successfully read the two DR1178 devices that came with the kit.  I pulled the JN-AN-1223 application note zip from the website and so I could take a look at the Zigbee Gateway User Interface project.  I then decided to load the DimmableLight_JN5169_DR1175_LED_EXP_MONO.bin file onto my devices.  I did this on the first one with the EEPROM set to Erase PDM.  It seems to have successfully programmed but I can no longer read that device.  I did the second one but set the EEPROM to Preserve EEPROM and that one seems to be fine.  I can connect to it with the previously mentioned Zigbee Gateway User Interface and I can still read the device.

I can't find a way to recover my first device.  I have already spent hours digging through documentation trying to figure it out.  When I use the JN51xx Production Flash Programmer it comes back with error: reading chip ID - check cabling and power.  I'm hoping someone can explain what I've done and how I can recover the chip.

6 Replies

martinpannenbae
Contributor II

I just started experimenting with JN5168-001-M00 Modules for my master thesis and now I have just the same problem. At first I can read the Device Info like shown and everything is fine

Info.JPG

But when I want to program I get the warning "The loaded image does not appear to be compatible with the connected device. Continue?"

Incompatible.JPG

If I program anyway the Device Info can't be read out anymore.

Please... I need some help and can't get any further. I would be so happy If I could get some answers from you :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

davidashraf
Contributor V

Make sure you're flashing it with "jn5168" binary not "jn5169" 

0 Kudos

dirk_van_grunsv
Contributor II

Hi David, how do I select tje jn5168? in the JN-AN-1218 there are only jn5169 .bin files

0 Kudos

martinpannenbae
Contributor II

Thank you for your answer David. Actually this caused the warning message... Sorry I'm just getting into it :smileyhappy:

Furthermore I found out that the re-progamming issue had something to do with a pull-down resistor I used to set the device into programming mode. After connecting SPIMISO directly to GND without the resistor it just works fine. Seems like there is a small current flowing from the pin in programming Mode leading to a voltage drop over the pull-down resistor, high enough to keep the device from getting into programming mode

davidashraf
Contributor V

I am glad it worked:)

0 Kudos

hoangvucuong
Contributor I

me too. Who can help we recover the chip?  tks

0 Kudos