Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Sample Getting Started App?

Jump to solution
mlnj
Contributor III

Too much stuff to wade thru!

I have a FRDM-KV10Z board.  I just want to write my own simple app, load into the RAM on the chip and run it.  (Maybe it would blink the LED once a second, or something like that, and maybe I'd like to FLASH the same app.)  I don't want to use anyone else's software that wouldn't be present when we embed a KV-11 (or whatever) into our own hardware design.

Any suggestions where to look?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

My new FRDM-KV10Z had jumper J25 on pins 2-3 and the FRDMKV10ZUG.pdf  (Users Guide which I attached) for the board said default is 1-2.  I moved jumper to 1-2 pin.  Then I held down the reset button, plugged in the USB cable to PC.  The FRDM-KV10Z enumerates as a MSD with label "BOOTLOADER".

Drag-n-drop the JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1_2015-10-13.bin (in the ZIP file attached) on to (or in) the BOOTLOADER MSD.

Unplug USB cable from PC, plug back in and it should enumerate as several things in the "Device Manager" window:

pastedImage_0.png

Under Disk drives-> SEGGER MSD Volume USB Device

Under Portable Devices->JLINK

Under Ports (COM & LPT)->JLink CDC UART Port

Now in KDS when you used the Debug Configurations... dialog box, select the GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging->bubble_frdmkv10z debug jlink

Select the "Startup" tab, and deselect "Enable SWO".  This will stop a warning pop-up as SWO not supported via the on-board debugger interface.

Click Debug button.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

On the FRDM-KV10Z product page click the "Getting Started" tab that should walk you through the enablement process.

It can help you install IDE (KSD or IAR or Keil or others) and use the KSDK_v2 customized for the FRDM-KV10Z board.  Many individual example for various peripherals, as well as higher level demo application projects.

Specific to your request:

C:\NXP\KSDK_v2\SDK_2.0_FRDM-KV10Z_KDS\boards\frdmkv10z\driver_examples\gpio\led_output

The readme.txt has this initially:

Overview

========

The GPIO Example project is a demonstration program that uses the KSDK software to manipulate the general-purpose

outputs.

The example is supported by the set, clear, and toggle write-only registers for each port output data register. The

example take turns to shine the LED.

The KSDK_v2 software uses static peripheral drivers in source code.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
mlnj
Contributor III

Thanks for your response.

I’ve mostly been going around in circles, but this error message seems to be the one that might be closest to getting started:

>>>

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.8.0-dev (2015-01-09-16:22)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

User : 13 4 command.c:546 command_print(): debug_level: 3

Debug: 14 4 options.c:138 add_default_dirs(): pkgdatadir=/../

Debug: 15 4 options.c:139 add_default_dirs(): run_prefix=C:/Freescale/KDS_v3/openocd/bin

Debug: 16 5 configuration.c:44 add_script_search_dir(): adding C:\Users\mliebert\AppData\Roaming/OpenOCD

Debug: 17 5 configuration.c:44 add_script_search_dir(): adding C:/Freescale/KDS_v3/openocd/bin/..//site

Debug: 18 5 configuration.c:44 add_script_search_dir(): adding C:/Freescale/KDS_v3/openocd/bin/..//scripts

Debug: 19 7 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - ocd_command ocd_command type ocd_gdb_port 3333

Debug: 20 7 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - gdb_port ocd_gdb_port 3333

Debug: 22 7 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - ocd_command ocd_command type ocd_telnet_port 4444

Debug: 23 7 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - telnet_port ocd_telnet_port 4444

Debug: 25 8 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - ocd_command ocd_command type ocd_echo Started by GNU ARM Eclipse

Debug: 26 8 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - echo ocd_echo Started by GNU ARM Eclipse

User : 28 8 command.c:763 jim_echo(): Started by GNU ARM Eclipse

Debug: 29 10 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - ocd_command ocd_command type ocd_init

Debug: 30 10 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - init ocd_init

Debug: 32 10 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - ocd_command ocd_command type ocd_target init

Debug: 33 11 command.c:145 script_debug(): command - ocd_target ocd_target init

Debug: 35 11 target.c:1279 handle_target_init_command(): Initializing targets...

Error: 36 11 core.c:1347 adapter_init(): Debug Adapter has to be specified, see "interface" command

Debug: 37 11 command.c:628 run_command(): Command failed with error code -101

User : 38 12 command.c:666 command_run_line(): in procedure 'init'

<<<

Any idea about this would be appreciated.

ML/NJ

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

My new FRDM-KV10Z had jumper J25 on pins 2-3 and the FRDMKV10ZUG.pdf  (Users Guide which I attached) for the board said default is 1-2.  I moved jumper to 1-2 pin.  Then I held down the reset button, plugged in the USB cable to PC.  The FRDM-KV10Z enumerates as a MSD with label "BOOTLOADER".

Drag-n-drop the JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1_2015-10-13.bin (in the ZIP file attached) on to (or in) the BOOTLOADER MSD.

Unplug USB cable from PC, plug back in and it should enumerate as several things in the "Device Manager" window:

pastedImage_0.png

Under Disk drives-> SEGGER MSD Volume USB Device

Under Portable Devices->JLINK

Under Ports (COM & LPT)->JLink CDC UART Port

Now in KDS when you used the Debug Configurations... dialog box, select the GDB SEGGER J-Link Debugging->bubble_frdmkv10z debug jlink

Select the "Startup" tab, and deselect "Enable SWO".  This will stop a warning pop-up as SWO not supported via the on-board debugger interface.

Click Debug button.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
mlnj
Contributor III

I’m not seeing this attached zip file.

ML/NJ

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry Michael for the oversight.  Here is the ZIP.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
mlnj
Contributor III

Thanks for your help.

I was able to find the file by searching for it on the Internet.

I followed your directions and even though I didn’t see Under Disk drives-> SEGGER MSD Volume USB Device or Under Portable Devices->JLINK (In fact I don’t even see “Portable Devices”!) I did get to where whatever program I loaded is blinking the LED. Now I’m stepping through the Asm code trying to figure out how this thing works, so I probably won’t be bothering you again for a long time of forever.

Thanks again for your help.

ML/NJ