cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GTEC] Questions on vProfiler/vAnalyzer FPS calculation

psandoval
Contributor II

Hello,

In vAnalyzer, How is the frame rate calculated?

In the first attached picture: 81 glDrawArrays calls that took 30ms each one takes the number up to more than 2 seconds. The total time for that frame sits at ~185 ms. How should I interpret that data?

In picture number 2: How can I translate the AXI bandwidth numbers to ms? if there is no direct translation on how long it took to move data across AXI, is there any relationship I should look for using this information to improve performance? Hi HugoOsornio​ :smileygrin:

Thank you in advanced,

Paco S.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

psandoval
Contributor II

Thank you very much HugoOsornio​. That makes a lot of sense and I'm kind of embarrassed I missed that in the first place. No cookie for me.

Let me know if you get any extra information on #2.

Regards,

Paco

0 Kudos

HugoOsornio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello psandoval

On picture one, vAnal1.PNG you are selecting frame 260:

Here you have 81 glDraw calls but the 30ms number is not the time that each function takes, but the cumulative time that all the 81 executions of the function took.

The frame time is profiled using the eglSwapBuffers function as a control point.

The first frame usually takes longer because it involves the time since the binding of the API to the EGL to the first swap, however, take my comments with a grain of salt, I will ping Verisilicon to get the data directly from them.

Questions to ask:

1) How is the frame rate calculated?

2) How can the AXI Bandwidth numbers be translated to ms. Can these numbers be used as hints to improve application performance?

Cheers,

Hugo