cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building PN7462AU FW & SW Examples in LPCXpresso

Jump to solution
anatoliypotapov
Contributor I

Hello. I'm using PN7462AU Board. According to "UM10883 PN7462AU Quick Start Guide - Customer Board" I installed

LPCXpresso IDE 8.2.0, LPCXpresso PN7462AU plugin and PN7462AU FW & SW Examples Full Version - v04_01_01 (SW3683). Now I'm trying do build examples (like PN7462AU_ex_phExMain) and getting errors like "System services has only been tested/developed against GCC 4.8.3". I see that this version of GCC is enabled in LPCXpresso 7.5 and earlier. But document UM10883 clearly says that I need "LPCXpresso IDE 8.0.0 or higher". What exactly kind of IDE do I have to use and how to correctly build those examples(PN7462AU FW & SW Examples)?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Anatoliy Potapov:

The error means that the example projects were only tested with that specific version of GCC, but it does not mean that it will not work with later versions. You are right however that the error message and the user manual are contradictory, I will report this to the developers.

So, you have 2 options:

- Download and install LPCXpresso IDE 8.0.0. The projects will build and work with no issues.

- Build the examples with the latest LPCXpresso by commenting out the error directive. The projects were not validated with a newer GCC but they might still work with no problems.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Anatoliy Potapov:

The error means that the example projects were only tested with that specific version of GCC, but it does not mean that it will not work with later versions. You are right however that the error message and the user manual are contradictory, I will report this to the developers.

So, you have 2 options:

- Download and install LPCXpresso IDE 8.0.0. The projects will build and work with no issues.

- Build the examples with the latest LPCXpresso by commenting out the error directive. The projects were not validated with a newer GCC but they might still work with no problems.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos