Program upper bank in flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program upper bank in flash

jeffwood
Contributor I

Has anyone tried to use the Kinetis "Flash Configurations" lightning bolt menu to program the application elf file or binary image to the UPPER bank of the flash?  I think my upper bank starts at address 0x80000.  I tried entering 80000 in the offset and I did not get the results I expected.  If I leave the symbol offset and executable offset blank, the LOWER bank of the flash gets programmed correctly.

I know in the Xilinx SDK flash utility, I need to use a binary as opposed to an ELF and specifying a flash offset will work.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jeffwood
Contributor I

Thank you Alice,

I will give this a try!

Jeff

0 Kudos

jeffwood
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Yes KDS IDE and freescale K64F MCU.

I did not try changing the linker file.  Does that imply that the application ELF needs to be rebuilt in order to get the programmer to place the code at 0x80000?  Do you know where the linker file is accessed/edited and where the start address field would be?

You would think if I specified the binary instead of the ELF in the IDE programming utility, that I'd be able to program the flash at any offset.  Maybe that functionality is not supported (as it is in Xilinx SDK)

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jeff

1) D you want put all of the  code start from 0x80000 ? If yes, you can change the linker file :

pastedImage_0.png

If only some data , you can use the relocate function :

Relocating Code and Data Using the KDS GCC Linker File for Kinetis

2) I have not used the Xilinx SDK, maybe about the question of Xilinx, you can

get help form the Xilinx support .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jeff,

Do you use KDS IDE , and kinetis chips ?

Have you change the linker file to start from the address 0x80000 ?

Regards

Alice

0 Kudos