cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adapt KDS 3.2 applications for KBOOT 2.0 bootloader

cleciojung
Contributor II

Hi everyone!

I am using the KDS 3.2 and KSDK 1.3 to test the board FRDM-K64F, trying to compile applications to be uploaded with KBOOT 2.0. I have successfully programed the example found in the folder:

NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\apps\led_demo\MK64F12\kds\led_demo_freedom_a000

However, when I try to program the software developed by me, nothing happens and the bootloader remains operating. I also found in the forum a PDF file explaining how to adapt KDS applications for KBOOT, but following the steps, the same thing happened. I think that is because of the version of the bootloader, witch in the tutorial is 1.3, and I am using 2.0.

So now, I am asking to you people, if any of you could help me. There is some configuration to be done in the eclipse environment to change the initial address where the program will be written?

Thanks for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

cleciojung
Contributor II

Hi jeremyzhou,

I have followed the steps described in the file annexed to this message. I am using the code previously generated by the KSDK-Project-Generator for KSDK 1.3.

I retried with one example of the KSDK folder, and it work just fine. Then, i have retried to do the procedure with my project, but again the bootloader keeps running and the code wrote by my do not start. Here is some images that can help you understand my situation:

001.jpg

002.png

003.png

Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clecio,

According to your reply, I think the attachment (How to adatp KDS application for KBOOT bootloader) is suit for KBOOT 2.0 too.

So I'd like to share some suggestion for you.

1. In KBOOT v2.0, the bootloader demo has the Debug and Release version, you'd better to choose the Release version.
2. I'd like to recommend you to check out whether the MCU can jump the application code from the bootloader successful or not. If yes, I think some initialization functions may be incompatible with the initialization operation in the bootlaoder.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cleciojung
Contributor II

Thank you,

you help me a lot!

Regards

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Clecio,

I was wondering if you can illustrate the whole procedure to implement it, then I can replicate the issue on my site.

And had you used the KSDK1.3 library demos?

I'm looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos