cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M52277EVB

SANTOSHKUMAR
Contributor I
Hi,
I recieved my M52277EVB  kit in the first week of this June 2008.
In my evaluation board the latest CFFLASHER that came alongwith as software is unable to flash Ltib image file from windows XP SP3 PC with random timeout error message after programming some sectors.

What may be the cause ??

Also noted that the processor is PCF52277CVM160.

with thanks,
Santosh
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

SANTOSHKUMAR
Contributor I
I tried even programming with Codewarrior 7.0 "professional evaluation version" flash programmer but it only programs uptill 0X00010000.

PE BDM driver does not install on my Ubuntu 7.04 Linux OS. So I am unable to work with M52277 LTIB BSP.

--santosh
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
Did you rebuild the image, or are you using the images that were pre built?
If so which one did you try to program?

0 Kudos

SANTOSHKUMAR
Contributor I
Yesterday, I was able to program onboard flash by disabling USB 2.0 support from my PC Bios.

So now CFFlasher 3.1.9 (provided in DVD) is able to download the image.bin and image.bin.srec (generated from default ./ltib configuration) files to my evaluation board via WIN XP HOME (with Service Pack 3) PC.

However the kit doesn't start up with linux logo and messages on hyperterminal.

Moreover i have observed that CPU in ltib points to m5329... why ??
I believe I need to go through some more man pages.
0 Kudos

JimDon
Senior Contributor III
It was my understanding that you should clear the CFLAGS in in t LTIB.
If you flash the images on the CD is it back to the original?
If you compare the file size from what you build to what was on the CD they are not the same, at least in my case.

Did you use the  LinuxXXXX-video.config in LTIB?
0 Kudos

mwaddel
Contributor I
Also, are the jumper settings on the board correct?  Make sure J5 and J6
are in the correct positions.
0 Kudos

SANTOSHKUMAR
Contributor I
These image.bin and image.bin.srec files were built when i we run the package to configure and generate the necessary files (stored in /opt/freescale/ltib...) by invoking "./ltib" at the bash prompt. The default config file used is "linux-2.6.23-romfs.config".

Also J5 and J6 are in their default positions.

I set option to build the bootloader. Programmed this u-boot.bin file from ltib-XXX/rootfs/boot/ directory with 0x0 offset to my M52277EVB and i am able to get the bootloader prompt after setting up communication on "J26" using minicom silicon Labs usb to COM port.

After which i tried uploading the image.bin/image.bin.srec into RAM 0x40020000 using kermit option but even after file selection the download doesn't proceed and I donot get and verbrose info on what's happening.
0 Kudos

SANTOSHKUMAR
Contributor I
:smileywink: I could finally find a way out i.e. deployment by transfering the UImage using a very slow connectivity alternative "Hyperterminal" in Windows XP Home through "J26" serial port and boot linux on my board.
0 Kudos