cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K22 production programming with Segger JLink

Jump to solution
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

I am moving from the development phase to the production phase on a project using the K22FN512. So far, all the programming has been done in KSD. I would like to be able to get to a place where I can generate a file (.hex, .bin, whatever), send it to my client, and have them program the device using Segger's J-Flash utility.

The first time, I tried this, I was unable to find a corresponding .hex file. Can someone point me to a procedure that would cover what I want to do?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

You can generate the *.hex file by going to menu Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Toolchains tab, check the "Create Flash Image" option and click on Apply:

pastedImage_0.png

Go to the Tool Setting tab and the Cross ARM GNU Create Flash Image option should have appeared, click on General and now you can select the desired output file format:

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

You can generate the *.hex file by going to menu Project > Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > Toolchains tab, check the "Create Flash Image" option and click on Apply:

pastedImage_0.png

Go to the Tool Setting tab and the Cross ARM GNU Create Flash Image option should have appeared, click on General and now you can select the desired output file format:

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davepfaltzgraff
Senior Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

That was the pointer I needed. I haven't had a chance to try it with the J-Link, but at least I know I can output the right file.

Thanks, Dave