Laura Slaybaugh

HC12 V3.1 Intermittent Communication With BDM Multilink

Discussion created by Laura Slaybaugh on Jun 11, 2008
Latest reply on Jun 22, 2008 by MIKE YETSKO
I'm trying to set up a new installation of CW HC12 V3.1, but I'm having problems getting the BDM USB Multilink to work. 

Sometimes when I run the debugger, it cannot find the BDM.  When this happens and I open the ICD-12 > Connect  dialog box from the debugger menu bar, it will not display the USB interface at all. 

Sometimes when I run the debugger, it will find the USB BDM just fine, but at about 80%, it'll lose connection and stop.

This last time I also got a windows generated error message when it failed.

The only information I can get from my coworkers for installation is as follows:
1) 2 updates must be downloaded and installed to work, as well as the P&E BDM driver.
2) Installing more than just those two updates will cause the program to fail and need to be uninstalled.
3) Running the updates in the wrong order will cause the program to fail and need to be uninstalled.
4) They can't remember which updates were necessary or what order they need to be installed in.

Does anybody have any information on this?  I can't help but think some of what they're telling me is wrong.  But still, if anyone can provide suggestions, I could use some.

-slaybalj

Outcomes