Wireless application. - ZigBee

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless application. - ZigBee

Dimy
Contributor I
Hello, I am here again asking for any tips that you may have for me to start wireless applications with zigBee.
I already tested simple programs but nothing with wireless, any idea?
Thank you.

Added ZigBee to subject.

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2008-06-13 08:19 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dimy,

For ZigBee applications is recommended to use BeeKit, which generate demo applications. You can download BeeKit, from www.freescale.com/zigbee. After you installed BeeKit, in installation folder you can find a lot of documents (\BeeKit Documentation), which can help you to start applications and to understand ZigBee standard.

Regards,
Adrian

0 Kudos

Dimy
Contributor I
Hello, how can I set the type of the zigbee device (end device, coodinator, router) when I select an empty project in the beeKit?
Thank you.
0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
After you add Empty Project, you should click right on Empty Project -> Add Software Component and select MacPhy. After that you can select Device Type.

BR,
Adrian
0 Kudos

Dimy
Contributor I
Thank you.
0 Kudos

Dimy
Contributor I
Hello, is there any good book on zigbee/wireless communication for beginners, with info on tools like the beekit and on the API, if any, to help with application development? I ask this because I think the documentation on beeKit to be vague and don't help on custom applications, specially for those, like me, who have recently started to work with motorola and freescale products and firmware development as a whole.
Thank you for any help.

Dimy.
0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello Dimy,

I recommend you to download and read ZigBee specification from www.zigbee.org and also 802.15.4 specification.

BR,
Adrian
0 Kudos