Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6DL SD boot

Jump to solution
dinochang
Contributor I

Hi community,

We have a custom board used the i.MX6 DualLite and now we can't boot from SD successful. We even can't measure SD_CLK signal.

We tried to change boot mode to serial downloader mode, and use stress test tool v2.52 to read SRC_SBMR1 which value is 0x00000000 and SRC_SBMR2 which value is 0x00000001. The SRC_SBMR2 value is very strange, we have set boot mode to serial downloader mode, bit 24-25 should be 0x01, but when we read it, it 0x00.

We have check all BOOT_CFG pins are right, and follow "Hardware Development Guide for i.MX 6Quad, 6Dual, 6DualLite, 6Solo Families of Applications Processors" chapter 2 and chapter 8, measured the power on sequence, power rail and clock, they all seem OK.

Could you give us some ideas?

Thanks

Best regards,

Dino

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dino

one can check clocks, both 32.768KHz and 24MHz should

operate properly. Also one can try to attach jtag (please use Hardware Development Guide)

and try to run small codes, like toggle pin. Consider possibility to replace processor.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dino

one can check clocks, both 32.768KHz and 24MHz should

operate properly. Also one can try to attach jtag (please use Hardware Development Guide)

and try to run small codes, like toggle pin. Consider possibility to replace processor.

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos