cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC4370 SPIFI firmware update

mtenw
Contributor I

Hi all,

I recently started evaluating the LPC-Link2 board (LPC4370) for our project needs. One of the requirements is to update the application code on the SPIFI from a different processor through a UART link. The DFU update from USB port or debug probe does not fullfill our needs. I could not find the answers after looking into similar topics at the forum. So here are my questions:

1. What are typical ways to do this?

2. One thought is to have the application or bootloader to write the new firmware on a different region of the SPIFI. Can the SPIFI do XIP and erase or write to a different region of the SPIFI?

Thanks for the help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mtenw
Contributor I

Thank you! I will try it out when possible.

0 Kudos

martinkoehler
Contributor II

Just doing a similar thing.

You can (and should) load your Bootloader from Flash to RAM (linking it to RAM). This way you have no problems to access the SPIFI flash. If you don't want this you may try to only have the writing functions in RAM but this is much more complicated.

The firmware itself needs to be compiled to a later Flash region. You just copy it to the place and start it by ASM commands or even a C function pointer (but this way you might have garbage in the stack?)

0 Kudos