Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Flash Programmer

Jump to solution
davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

I have K60 tower board: MK60FN1M0VLQ12

I am using Multi-Link FX for downloading program into flash.

In my MQX project, I need to reserve some flash memory for program configuration data. Every time when flash program is downloaded, the flash programmer erases whole 1M flash memory. How do I configure flash programmer that not to erase al flash memory, or only upto the size of the program?

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

In a debugging session, the CodeWarrior Attach launch configuration skips setting up the target hardware and downloading the program image to that target hardware. that's to say, with "Attach", all flash memory on chip will not be erased during hardware connect.

pastedImage_0.png
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi.

In a debugging session, the CodeWarrior Attach launch configuration skips setting up the target hardware and downloading the program image to that target hardware. that's to say, with "Attach", all flash memory on chip will not be erased during hardware connect.

pastedImage_0.png
Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidzhou
Contributor V

Thank you, Jennie.

David Zhou

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David:

I think you can edit the flash loader to do that.

Please check the following picture , if you are using IAR .

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

Sorry, I did not say that I am using Code Warrior.

Thank You,

David Zhou

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi David

For code warrior, please click the Advanced Programming Options in Hardware or simulator connection. Then you will see the Non-Volatile Memory Preservation.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
davidzhou
Contributor V

Program loaded, and then 1 second later, I got:

pastedImage_0.png

and the program stops running.

0 Kudos
davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi Daniel,

I change the flash memory as :

pastedImage_0.png

Program size is less than 0x60000.

But it loaded, and I got runtime error.

pastedImage_2.png

I also tried Enable Flash Programming Dialog. It didn't show the dialog. It displays loading info into console. and I got the same runtime error. GDI connection lost.

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos