cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing CANOpen - Starting from LPCOpen

abderrezak
Contributor III

Hi Dear All,

Because many people like me are searching for an implementation of the CANOpen on the LPC microcontrollers, I have decide to start a project to implement the CANOpen layer, with your help, using LPCOpen (periph_can example) and the following open source CANOpen Node: GitHub - CANopenNode/CANopenNode: CANopen stack base.

First of all, I have never use CAN before. I am working to well understand the LPCOpen CAN controller example.

My First question is related to the Acceptance Filter LookUp Table: how can the following code (from LPCOpen)

CAN_STD_ID_ENTRY_T FullCANSection[] = {   {CAN_CTRL_NO, 0, 0x03},   {CAN_CTRL_NO, 0, 0x05},   {CAN_CTRL_NO, 0, 0x07},   {CAN_CTRL_NO, 0, 0x09}, };

accept the followings id 0x03, 0x04, 0x07, 0x09 (regarding to the readme and confirmed by CAN analyzer)?

What is the difference between Full CAN Section, Individual Standard ID Section & Standard ID Range Section?

Thank you

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi abderrezak,

Thank you for your reply.

About how the Full CAN section works, and the the difference between Full CAN Section, Individual Standard ID Section & Standard ID Range Section, you can find the detail description in the user manual, chapter 16.13 ID look-up table RAM.

Please read the user manual at first:

http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10470.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Users%20Guides&WT_VENDOR=FREESCA...

page 588.

After you read the user manual, if you still have doubt, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

abderrezak
Contributor III

Hi Zhou,

I'm working on the LPC1788, using the LPCOpen (v1.03 I think), the one you find with the EA example codes on the LPCXpresso IDE

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi abderrezak,

Please tell us what the LPC chip  and LPCopen code you are using?

We need the part number of your LPC chip, then I can help you to check it and answer your questions with the according LPCopen code.

Waiting for your reply!

Jingjing

0 Kudos