Hi, i'm using LPC4350 with SPIFI memory. To run at high speed (90-100MHz) i must add "dummy" clocks between addresss and data. How can I do this ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, i'm using LPC4350 with SPIFI memory. To run at high speed (90-100MHz) i must add "dummy" clocks between addresss and data. How can I do this ?

Icio
Contributor I

Hi, i'm using LPC4350 with SPIFI memory.

To run at high speed (90-100MHz)  I must add "dummy" clocks between addresss and data. How can I do this ?

Can I use the "latency btyte" ? How ? 

I found, in other community discussion, that a guy had to remove "latency" setting to be able to read without reading shifting of 1 byte.

Setting latency (needed for high clock speed), are there other setting to do to read correctly from SPIFI?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Maurizio,

I ever run SPIFI at 104MHz with W25Q80 and I didn't configure any SPIFI registers manually, the boot ROM of LPC43xx detects the supported QSPI device and configure SPIFI accordingly.

About the dummy clocks, It is determined by the QSPI device whether or not dummy bytes between address and data are to be inserted. Regarding the latency, I didn't find a "latency" setting in SPIFI registers.

Please ensure the selected QSPI flash is in the support list of LPC4300, you can refer to the "Supported QSPI devices" section in the "LPC43xx Boot ROM" chapter:

http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/UM10503.pdf

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos