cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S12ZVL internal Oscillator PLL

rajivbandodkar
Contributor II

Hi,

Are there any the limitations of using internal 1MHz oscillator to get highest Bus frequency (32MHz for S12ZVL)? On my board I am not able to go above 16 MHz bus Freq.  With NXP's TRK-S12ZVL, I cannot go beyond 25MHZ. To me looks like some issue in the layout, but even with TRK-S12ZVL board (will surely be multi layer board) why not possible to achieve 32MHz Bus. Any special precautions?

Regards,

Rajiv.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rajiv,

The maxim bus clock frequency for S12ZVL is 32MHz.

In that case, the CPMUSYNR value should be 0x5F, CPMUREFDV value should be 0x00, CPMUPOSDIV value should be 0x00.

Note: We know about some issues with some versions of PEmicro/OSBDM interfaces when bus clock is close to their maximum value. In that case, please go to Debug Configuration-Target settings-Edit and uncheck “Use Bus Clock as Debug Controller (SIBDC) Clock Source”. The BDM will run of 1MHz in this case.

Do not use bus clock for debug CW10.png

The loading code and debugging may be slower, but more stable.

You may also try to download and instal the newest PEmicro/OSBDM drivers.

PLL example codes:

S12ZVM clock module and PLL configuration - SW examples

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos