factory calibration of acc/gryo biases

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

factory calibration of acc/gryo biases

trekwh
Contributor I

It seems that is a fairly large accelerometer and gyro turn on biases on my FRDM-FXS-MULTI2-B board, is there a factory calibration file the bias and non-orthogonality terms?

thanks.

Trek

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Trek,

When a MEMS device is soldered to a PCB, physical stresses are introduced that can introduce offsets and biases.  That's the primary reason you'll see accelerometer offset datasheet values in the tens of milli-g's.  We can't predict a priori what the specific values are.

Having said that, Version 7.00 of the sensor fusion library, which should be available for K64F and K22F next month, will include features to compute these values and store them away in flash, so that cold starts will look a lot cleaner.

Mike

0 Kudos

trekwh
Contributor I

when in August will V7.0 be available? what kind of terms will be calibrated in V7.0? Does the board need a specific manuever?

0 Kudos

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm told the current target is August 5.  You should view that as an estimate, not a commitment.

Details of the calibration features are contained in the user manual that I posted in this space last week.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos