PF3000 Evaluation Board and Programming.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF3000 Evaluation Board and Programming.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

I have some questions about KITPF3000FRDMEVM and PF3000-HID-GUI.

Please see my questions as below.

[Q1]

Please see chapter 4.4.2 of KTPF3000FRDMEVMUG (Rev.2.0).

It says "The PF3000FRDMPEVM comes with a PF3000 device whose OTP memory is pre-programmed.".

Which OTP configuration of Table 42 in PF3000 datasheet (Rev.7) is pre-programmed?

I checked KTPF3000FRDMEVMUG and BOM list, but did not understand it since the part number is MC32PF300XEP.

[Q2]

I downloaded PF3000-HID-GUI and checked how to use with KTPF3000FRDMEVMUG.

Then, I did not find "programing" tab and "program" button to program OTP same as KITPFGUI_4.0 for PF0100.

Can I program a PF3000 OTP on a board (e.g. a custom board) by PF3000-HID-GUI?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Satoshi Shimoda,

Answer for question Q1:

The version of the PF3000 used in the KITPF3000FRDMEVM is the Prep-programmed OTP configuration “A1” found in Table 42 of the datasheet.

This can be confirmed by clicking on the “Configuration” Tab of the GUI and then click on the “Update from EVB” button, this will extract the pre-programmed data from the PMIC and show it in the GUI, then compare it with the Table 42 of the datasheet and you can confirm it is the “A1” configuration.

Answer for question Q2:

PF3000-HID-GUI is designed to be used only with the KITPF3000FRDMEVM, you can’t program the PF3000 device on the Evaluation Kit, if you do, it may not function correctly (depending on what configuration you programmed in the OTP registers). For this reason the GUI developers have disabled the VPGM supply, and the [PROGRAM] button when connected to an Evaluation Kit.

So, right now it is not supported to program a PF3000 OTP on a custom board using the PF3000-HID-GUI.

Have a great day,
Jose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Satoshi Shimoda,

Answer for question Q1:

The version of the PF3000 used in the KITPF3000FRDMEVM is the Prep-programmed OTP configuration “A1” found in Table 42 of the datasheet.

This can be confirmed by clicking on the “Configuration” Tab of the GUI and then click on the “Update from EVB” button, this will extract the pre-programmed data from the PMIC and show it in the GUI, then compare it with the Table 42 of the datasheet and you can confirm it is the “A1” configuration.

Answer for question Q2:

PF3000-HID-GUI is designed to be used only with the KITPF3000FRDMEVM, you can’t program the PF3000 device on the Evaluation Kit, if you do, it may not function correctly (depending on what configuration you programmed in the OTP registers). For this reason the GUI developers have disabled the VPGM supply, and the [PROGRAM] button when connected to an Evaluation Kit.

So, right now it is not supported to program a PF3000 OTP on a custom board using the PF3000-HID-GUI.

Have a great day,
Jose

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos