cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Current of MC9S12Z

sreekanthreddyc
Contributor I

Hi,

Can you please tell me the sleep current of MC9S12Z / Magni V products.

In Table A-14 the current has given as 170 micro Ampere and reduce performance mode Load current has given as 5 mA.

Which current i need to consider.

Thanks and Regards

Sreekanth

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sreekanth,

Could you please specify which MCU family and version of RM you refers?

Let say that the MCU current consumption is 170uA and the internal 5V VDDX voltage regulator is able to provide 5mA in STOP mode. It means that sum of currents to external loads has to be smaller than 5mA-170uA=4.83mA.

Since the voltage levels at GPIO pins are not affected by entering into STOP mode, we have to ensure that external loads will not exceed that limit.

For example: We have LED with a resistor connected between GPIO pin and the ground where 6mA in active state flows. So, we have to disable this LED prior entering into STOP mode, otherwise, 5mA limit is exceeded and generated voltage may fall below low voltage assert value = it may cause MCU reset.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos