cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX53 with eMMC5.0

kokhuateng
Contributor I

Hi All,

In my application, I have a custom design board that use iMX53 with eMMC 5.0. I encounter a problem that the J-Link is unable to connect to the iMX53. I any wonder is the eMMC disrupt the J-Link connection. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Posted to Segger forum.

J-Link Failed to Connect to Target - J-Link/Flasher related - SEGGER Forum

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Have you changed the ext_csd.rev value in your source code? Change it to "If (card->ext_csd.rev >7) "?

Any when you download the images to your board, can it work well ?

Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kokhuateng
Contributor I

Hi Dan Wang,

Thanks for the reply. I am a newbie. From my understanding, connection has to be establish between the host and board via J-Link before i can download the images to board... My current situation is my host can't connect to board. J-Link failed to connect to the target (board). 

Initially, the board with eMMC 4.4. is functional (boot from eMMC). Due to EOL of eMMC4.4, we use the eMMC 5.0 on the board and then encounter the problem.

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Have you try the modify in my above reply? Does it work?

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos