cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging tool for production version

santhoshkumardh
Contributor I

Hi,

we are using P&E's USB Universal Multi link tool for dumping codes in to the micro controller. Most of our projects based on 8 bit controllers (MC9S08MP16, MC9S08PA16, MC9S08DZ60 etc.). For minimum quantity we can program to controller easily using Universal Multi link through the background debug but for production version larger quantity its very difficult to use Multi link, Is there any other tool for dumping codes to controller for production version. Kindly share your valuable feedback its more important for us.

And also we plan to use MC9S08DZ128MLH controller mainly for CAN Communication its an automotive application, Is it qualified for that? because (MC-Fully Qualified, S- Auto Qualified) Kindly clarify with the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Santhoshkumar.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

scottm
Senior Contributor II

I own two P&E Cyclone PROs that I've used for standalone production programming on HC08, HCS08, and Coldfire.  It's been adequate to get us through a few thousand boards at least.  They're not particularly cheap, but they're cheaper than some alternatives.  Long ago I built my own MON08 programmer for HC08 devices that was actually faster than P&E's equivalent, and it cost me about $20 to build, but it probably wasn't a great use of my time.

I can't answer your question on CAN.

Scott

0 Kudos