Unable to connect to target board in Virtual XP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to target board in Virtual XP

fiddleur
Contributor I

I have to make upgrades to old software done on an Window XP system. I have successfully installed virtual PC and the newer version of CodeWarrior 6.3. (I previously used 5.1.) Although the code warrior software runs on the virtual pc, I cannot connect to my target board - a DEMO908GZ60. I believe I have set all the jumpers correctly to enter the MON08 mode, and the loader program indicates that the COM1 port is opened (7200 baud with a Class 3 device) There is no connection made. The connection status reads NN(Port?)NNN. I have also checked the box to ignore the security protocol. Does anyone know if there are special considerations while programming the target board in virtual PC? This worked fine before on the XP system. I don't know what I'm doing wrong now. 

Thanks, Mark

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RodneyMcGee
Contributor IV

Is the host Windows 7,8, or 10?

You can install 6.3 directly instead of using a virtual machine using a unofficial method.

Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Windows 7 & 10 x64 directly (Classic version)

What kinda programmer are you using? Are you trying to use the serial programmer? That might be tricky.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mark,

Does your PC system is Window XP ?  32 bit or 64 bit ?

If  Window XP 32 bit , you can directly install CW6.3 , needn't installed virtual .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos