cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use the HC (S ) 08 series with graphic display

andremoreira
Contributor I

Good evening
I use the codewarrior 6.3 and do projects with the HCS08 series. I would like to understand how to use MCU series HCS08 (MC9S08AC128) for use with Graphical display (GLCD) (SG12832C).
Could someone please give me a hint of how to initialize and use with the HCS08 (MC9S08AC128)? I currently use the codewarrior the Processor Expert mode. Sorry some grammatical error, I do not speak English. thanks for the help, I'll be awaiting..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mfugere
Contributor III

You can use processor expert to define your 8-bit data bus (use a port with all 8 bits available on the pins) and also use another port with at least (6) bits/pins available to use for your LCD interface control signals (R/W, A0, Reset, /CS1, /CS2, etc).  This makes it much easier/efficient to implement the strobing of these signals to implement the bus timing, toggle between command & data modes, etc. with simple code lines like PTxD = PTxD |  MYLCD_WR; and similar...   I also highly advise you have the /Reset line to the LCD tied to a pin/port your micro will control, as these often need a good solid hardware reset after the Vcc/Vdd power rails come up - software reset commands to these graphics controllers often don't reset everything in them.

0 Kudos

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Andre

there is not a driver for the SG12832, but as i can see the SG12832 is a 8 bit parallet interface, so you only need 8 gpio to send the commant to the LCD, there are a lot of samples code to use the gpio and also you can use the processor expert to generate it.

Regards

Vicente Gomez

0 Kudos