Did you mean: 

How to add a LCF file for MQX project

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

I have K60Tower : MK60FN1M0VLQ12

How to add LCF file for an MQX project?

Is it only for bareBoard project?

If I create a folder: Link Files, and copy K60FN1M0_flash.lcf into the folder. The MQX project will ignore this .lcf file. Is it the only way to edit K60FN1M0_flash.lcf in the MCU installed folder?

Also the file name to use K60FN1M0_flash.lcf or MK60FN1M0_flash.ld?

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos
5 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello David Zhou,

.ld is the linker file extension for GNU ARM compiler (well, linker), while .lcf is for the proprietary Freescale ARM compiler/linker.

In CW for MCU  (legacy) Freescale ARM compiler is available only for Coldfire devices and GNU compiler is for kinetis devices.

You can check the below document, this document contains an overview of what is the Codewarrior Linker File for Kinetis devices and how to edit it to relocate code and data. It also explains how to create a debug sesion out of external RAM.

Relocating Code and Data Using the CW GCC Linker File for Kinetis

In addition please check the below link, this may helps.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/377910

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi All,

I have created two project through Project Wizard: SwapA is MQX project, which doesn't include LInk Files folder, and

TestLcf is a BareBoard Project for K60, which has Linker Files folder and default .ld files. As shown below screen dump.

pastedImage_0.png

I need to add Linker Files folder with .ld file. If I manually create LInker File folder, copy the .ld file over, will it work?

I also noticed that the file folder structures are different for these two types of project. I needed NQX project with linker files.

If could, show me a few steps.

Thank you,

David Zhou

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Have you downloaded the MQX4.2 RTOS?  It contains examples for the TWR-K60D100M Tower kit.

Goto: http://www.nxp.com/mqx

Click on MQX Classic.

Click Download.

The MQX4.2 has linker files for the examples included.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Your company restricts me from downloading, because of export control. For some reason, someone with my name is restricted from exporting.

I don;t know how to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

david Zhou

0 Kudos

davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi David,

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos