cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gator problem

beviswang
Contributor II

Timesys Support:

I'm using twr-vf65gs10. I have built the os(timesys) on the board. I want to connect to the Streamline(DS-5), but the gator version is not supported. So, how to update the gator version?

Thanks!

Labels (4)
9 Replies

markbohanon
Contributor III

Hello Johnny,

I'm using a Timesys web factory build, DS-5, and imx6ulevk.  I wanted Streamline also.  I found that you can build the gator into your kernel.  Here is an outline of what I did.

1. Download the SDK from Timesys (I did a build without gator as that was giving me errors)
  2. Follow the steps in the readme file in your DS-5_XXXX/sw/streamline/gator. There is also info on the ARM streamline website.
    1. copy source code to the Kernel-Source/linux/drivers directory in timesys SDK download
    2. Edit the Kconfig and Makefile file in Kernel-Source/linux/drivers to add gator 
    3. perform a make menuconfig
    4. set gator options
    5. make the kernel
  3. put new uImage onto sd card
  4. boot up target board
  5. copy gatord into root directory of target board from DS-5_XXXX/sw/streamline/bin/arm
  6. run ./gatord -a & on target board
  7. run streamline

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Johnny Wick,
                        Sorry for any inconvenience.   It has been bumped internally and its under testing. It will be release soon I will let you know  once its available. Thanks for the patience.

Thanks,
Timesys support.

0 Kudos

beviswang
Contributor II

Timesys Support:

Hello, I've been waiting for one month. I want to know what time the gator version will be updated.

Thanks sincerely!

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Johnny Wick,
                        Latest supported gator version will be updated in our factory. Please allow some to test and review the package. I will let you know once the package is available in our factory.

Thanks,
Timesys support.

beviswang
Contributor II

That would be great. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Johnny Wick,

Gator versions prior to 5.17 are no longer supported in 5.23.1 Please take a look at change log for the ds5 supported versions.

https://developer.arm.com/products/software-development-tools/ds-5-development-studio/resources/chan...

Please also include DS5 version, kernel version and the OS (version) that you are using.

Thanks,

Timesys support.

0 Kudos

beviswang
Contributor II

timesyssupport,

My DS5's version is 5.23.1, that right. Also, I know gator version is no longer supported to the version of my DS5. So, I really want to get a gator version that I can use on DS5 version 5.23.1. My kernal and OS version should be latest because I got your sdk installer last month.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos

timesyssupport
Senior Contributor II

Hi  Johnny Wick,
                 I am currently reproducing the issue. I will comeback to you with my findings at the earliest.
Thanks
Timesys support.

beviswang
Contributor II

Thank you!

0 Kudos