Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum External storage(uSD) Capacity Supported by iMX6

Jump to solution
sivates
Contributor I

Hi,

I have seen in IMX.6 Technical Reference Manual, that maximum capacity of expansion card on SDIO controller is up to 32GB. But our customer requirement is to have 64GB of expandable external storage (uSD). I have read in this forum that the eMMC cards up to 128 GB is supported by the SDIO controller, and there is no limitation on the maximum size. So is there any way to realize 64 GB expandable storage(uSD card) with IMX.6 dual processor ?

Thanks & Regards,

Siva

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The i.MX6 is "compatible with the SD Memory Card Specification version 3.0

and supports the Extended Capacity SD Memory Card". This means extended-capacity

SDHC cards up to 32 GB are supported.

eMMC on i.MX6 is supported up to rev 4.4/4.41. The eMMC specs do not provide
restrictions for capacity. And we can see 64 GB, 128 GB eMMC parts on market .

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VishalRana
Contributor II

Hi,

I am also planning to use external uSD card of 64GB with iMx6DL.

Presently we are using 8 GB only. After going through this thread I am not able to draw clear answer.

Please help me to understand is it possible to use external uSD card 64 GB or not with iMx6DL.

Regards,

Vishal Rana

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The i.MX6 is "compatible with the SD Memory Card Specification version 3.0

and supports the Extended Capacity SD Memory Card". This means extended-capacity

SDHC cards up to 32 GB are supported.

eMMC on i.MX6 is supported up to rev 4.4/4.41. The eMMC specs do not provide
restrictions for capacity. And we can see 64 GB, 128 GB eMMC parts on market .

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos