cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command line programming with LPC-Link 2

jmunoa
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a custom design PCB with LPC11C22 microcontroller and so far, I have been using LPCXpresso and LPC-Link 2 debugger with no problems at all.

Now, I don't want to use LPCXpresso IDE, just LPC-Link 2 and Command line.

I program with the following command:

crt_emu_cm_redlink -pLPC11C22/301 -vendor=NXP -flash-load-exec <Programming file location>\my_file.axf

The problem is that I can only program it if I have previously programmed it using LPCXpresso. Otherwise, I get this message:

Ni: LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v8.1 (Mar 11 2016 13:34:34 - crt_emu_cm_redli

nk build 672)

Ed:02: Failed on connect: Ee(38). Invalid probe index.

Et:31: No connection to emulator device

It looks to me like LPCXpresso does some kind of configuration (connection, whatever..) that enables the use of command line afterwards.

Does someone know why is this happening? Do I have to use any configuration command before I program  using crt_emu_cm_redlink?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jmunoa
Contributor I

I will answer myself.

It is necessary to boot the LPC-Link 2 first, before programming. I guess LPXpresso does it automatically and that's why I had the issue when I didn't use LPXpresso.

Booting LPC-Link2

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your input.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos