Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Burner.exe

Jump to solution
davidzhou
Contributor V

Hi,

I have K60 Tower boards: TWRK60F120. and CodeWarrior Version installed: CW MCU v10.6.4

In many of your documents, it describes using burner.exe to do flash programming. But I can not find the burner.exe in my installed folder. What needs to be installed for the burner.exe. Is there any way that burner.exe can be run as standalone application?

Thank you,

David Zhou

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The burner.exe is located inside your CW installation:

<CW>\MCU\prog\burner.exe

It gets installed if you install the S08 tools, so maybe you don't have them installed with CodeWarrior?

On the other side: the burner.exe cannot do flash programming. But it can create files like S19 files which are used by production programmers.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The burner.exe is located inside your CW installation:

<CW>\MCU\prog\burner.exe

It gets installed if you install the S08 tools, so maybe you don't have them installed with CodeWarrior?

On the other side: the burner.exe cannot do flash programming. But it can create files like S19 files which are used by production programmers.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
akhilkm
Contributor I

Hi,

I am not able to install CW 6.3 (Classic) which downloaded from web for HC08 controller. How can i install this to my Windows 8.1PC?

Thanks,

Akhil.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The burner is as well installed with CodeWarrior for MCU11.x (https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-t... ), so best if you install that version which supports the later Windows versions.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
akhilkm
Contributor I

Hi Erich, 

Thanks. So can i convert a .abs file into phyiscal s19 file by using this utility?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yes.

0 Kudos
akhilkm
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

i am not able to load a new .abs file into the utility it expects file formats like .ini and .pjt. How to convert this .abs to s19?

Thanks,

Akhil.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The commands are passed by the -F option to the utility. The .ini file is used for storing configuration. Have a look at the manual or see S-Record Manipulation with GNU objcopy and Burner Utility | MCU on Eclipse .

See C:\nxp\CW_MCU_V6.3\Help\PDF\Build_Tools_Utilities.pdf, Chapter "Burner Utility" and "Interactive Burner GUI".

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
davidzhou
Contributor V

Thanks, Erich.

David

0 Kudos