Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About a transfer rate actual value in eMMC HS200 mode with i.MX6UL

Jump to solution
yuuki
Senior Contributor II

Dear all,

We connect eMMC NAND to i.MX6UL in our system.

And, we want to use HS200 mode of eMMC.

We want to know the actual value of the transfer rate of HS200 mode of eMMC.

However, eMMC is not implemented by EVK board.

If you have the actual value of the transfer rate of HS200 mode of eMMC, would you tell me?

Other than a reference manual, is there the detailed document about the eMMC port of i.MX6UL?

Best Regards,

Yuuki

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. If you have the actual value of the transfer rate of HS200 mode of eMMC, would you tell me?

A. The maximum theoretical data throughput of the eMMC bus in HS200 mode is 200MBytes/s when using 8-bit wide data bus. However, in real life, this value may be limited by some side factors e.g. the internal read/write speed of an eMMC device itself, the load of the processor's internal bus and many other factors, so, it is highly application dependent.

Q. Other than a reference manual, is there the detailed document about the eMMC port of i.MX6UL?

A. No, there is no documentation about the SD/MMC controller of the i.MX6UL processor other than the Chapter 56 of the Reference Manual document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q. If you have the actual value of the transfer rate of HS200 mode of eMMC, would you tell me?

A. The maximum theoretical data throughput of the eMMC bus in HS200 mode is 200MBytes/s when using 8-bit wide data bus. However, in real life, this value may be limited by some side factors e.g. the internal read/write speed of an eMMC device itself, the load of the processor's internal bus and many other factors, so, it is highly application dependent.

Q. Other than a reference manual, is there the detailed document about the eMMC port of i.MX6UL?

A. No, there is no documentation about the SD/MMC controller of the i.MX6UL processor other than the Chapter 56 of the Reference Manual document.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos