OM5577, Raspberry Pi 3, Windows IoT, SmartCard API support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM5577, Raspberry Pi 3, Windows IoT, SmartCard API support?

vicentesilva
Contributor I

I am trying to send and receive
The proximity sample works fine however I would like to send and receive ADPU’s to the contactless smartcard using the OM5577 on Raspberry Pi 3.

The code to find the reader
returns no readers.

DeviceInformationCollection devices = await DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync(SmartCardReader.GetDeviceSelector(SmartCardReaderKind.Any));

Is this API supported? (Windows.Devices.Smartcards)

Labels (1)
6 Replies

venkateshkv
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think smart card API access is not possible  because there is no Smart card service in windows 10 IOT OS. Additional information, there is no proximity service as well in windows IOT OS.

If you want to access Smart card, i would suggest you to use one of the Smart card driver ioctl (Smart Card Driver IOCTLs (Windows Drivers) )

0 Kudos

joergblaschek
Contributor I

Hello, are there any solutions for this problem?

We also need to access the PN7120 via the SmartCards API.

0 Kudos

ben0428
Contributor II

I think they gave up with this device and with Windows IoT... Thank you NXP for having me wasted money...

ben0428
Contributor II

any news about our problem ? Any update upcoming ?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vicente,

Firstly, when you use windows API to access NFC reader, no errors occured on API, so it means NXP-NCI(windows API for NFC) has been supported in windows10 iot SDK for Raspberry Pi 3.

But the value API retruned was no readers, it seemed that PN7120 driver was not installed in windows10 IOT core by default, so you can try to re-install PN7120 driver on your platform, the following link is driver files for PN7120:

PN7120|NXP

---- PN71x0 on RPI winIoT driver installation files (REV 1.1)

This package contains the files for the driver to run the NFC Controller (PN7150 or PN7120) on Raspberry Pi in Windows IoT.

ZIP

•   (7.3 MB)
  • PN71x0 on RPI winIoT driver installation files
  • 5/30/2016

In addition, you can also refer to AN11646 document: http://www.nxp.com/documents/application_note/AN11646.pdf

Best Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

ben0428
Contributor II

Are you sure that the driver is compatible with SmartCards API because I can't access the device too with this API. It seems it works only with Proximity API. I'm really disappointed by this product.

0 Kudos