Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kwikstik K40 and Kinetis Design Studio

Jump to solution
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working for more than a week to make KDS to communicate with Kwikstik K40 (ver 5) and display some text on the LCD of Kwikstik. I am facing various issues such as compiler incompatibility, "Program not found", make file not available, exe is not getting generated and so on. I am using Kwikstik sample code of LCD display (as attached), which is working fine with Codewarrior 10.6 limited edition and Kwikstik is also running the code successfully.

I understand I am asking for more, but if someone can

1. Explain me the settings to watch out in KDS to program the Kwikstik K40 and

2. Provide a program to display any text in LCD of Kwikstik

this will be of great help to me in starting the development.

best regards,

Mahendran

Original Attachment has been moved to: LCD_Example.zip

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

Yes, at some times there is still have  error when porting project from cw to KDS refer to this guide.

So i recommend you create one project on KDS,then copy the files into it.

NOw , i create one project on KDS, then copy files, then build change the error when build , as to there is no

error when build . Please check the attachment .

You can test it on your side. and if the function have error when  run, you can refer to the project on CW to

compare and change .

Hope it helps

If it is correct , please click the button .

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi Alice,

I imported your files in KDS to communicate with Kwikstik. I am happy to say that KDS does communicated with Kwikstik, which I could confirm through console window during Debug operation.

Now I feel major milestone is achieved, Thanks for helping me in this regard.

As the next step, I am going to follow your steps of creating a project or i will use this project as template and copy the code which are necessary for my end application and then I will continue to debug and develop as per my project requirements.

Thanks again for your efforts in taking me to the next step, Alice.

best regards,

Mahendran

0 Kudos
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Good Morning Alice,

I tried the method you suggested me. I am unable to clear out the "GCC" error (Screenshot attached) appearing in KDS.

The method I followed was

1. I created just the new project (no C or C++ project) in KDS.

2. Copied the working LCD example files from codewarrior to KDS. (KDS project is attached)

3. Successful in clearing first couple of errors

4. Used the attached word document to clear the "GCC" error

5. Have challenges in updating .cproject file as directed

So, Still I am stuck with "GCC" error. Can you advise me on what could be done to clear this error. Or what would be right .cproject for this project.

Thanks,

Mahendran

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

Yes, at some times there is still have  error when porting project from cw to KDS refer to this guide.

So i recommend you create one project on KDS,then copy the files into it.

NOw , i create one project on KDS, then copy files, then build change the error when build , as to there is no

error when build . Please check the attachment .

You can test it on your side. and if the function have error when  run, you can refer to the project on CW to

compare and change .

Hope it helps

If it is correct , please click the button .

Alice

0 Kudos
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Thanks Alice, I think I have more work to do before making it to work. I believe that if I follow the steps, I would be successful in this task. I will let you know about the outcome after I tried all the steps.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

In my personal opinion, i think the easiest way is create one new project on KDS,

then copy the files of CW project you have .

For there is only some difference  between the two IDE , and after build , there will be

some error , these error are easy , you can refer to the reminder of error to change .

If still have any question , you can contact me without any hesitate.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mahendran,

1) The CW project can not directly used on KDS, there is a porting guide from CW to KDS

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-102594  

If refer to this guide , it still have error when  build , i recommend you create one new project on KDS,

then copy the application files and code into the project .

2) You can also refer to this thread:

https://community.nxp.com/message/581769

Hope it helps

Alice